How to Apply
To be considered for admission to the Academy program, students must submit the online application and accompanying materials by the deadline (see "Dates and Deadlines" below).
Online Application - click the link to create an account, or to log in and complete the application. Navigate by clicking on the tabs at the top of the page - the last page is "Submit." You will receive an email confirmation once your application is submitted.
- School Information Form. Have your school counselor or principal click the link to the online form, complete it and email it to to email@example.com.
- Official transcripts of course work (7th and 8th grade students can submit middle school grades, high school students must submit high school transcripts). Transcripts should be emailed to to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the School Information Form.
- College Readiness Assessments. Admission to the OSU CCP program will be test optional for the 2021-22 academic year.
Suggested webbrowsers to complete the on-line application are Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari (the site doesn't seem to work well with Google Chrome). If the application stops responding, you may need to close any open tabs and re-launch the application site.
After You Apply
Activate your username and password
Within five days of applying, you will receive an email from Ohio State acknowledging receipt of your application that includes your OSU ID and Ohio State username (lastname.#).
- Follow the instructions in the email to activate your Ohio State username (lastname.#). This will give you access to your Applicant Center where you can check on the status of your application.
- If you have problems activating, contact our IT Service Desk at 614-688-4357 or email@example.com.
Check your Application Status
Log in to your Applicant Center to check the status of your application and all requirements. All required application materials must be received by Ohio State by the application deadline.
Where do I find the status of my application?
Log in to your Applicant Center. Once you’re logged in, look for two things:
On the left under Admissions, you’ll see a link to Application Status. Click that to view the status of your application.
On the right, you’ll see a section called To Do List. If there are items listed there, click “More” for all available details, including any follow-up comments from Undergraduate Admissions.
I submitted an item. Why is it still listed as "incomplete"?
There are two likely possibilities:
Lag time: When transcripts, test scores, fees or other items are submitted, they must be processed and matched to your application. It can take up to 10 days for us to complete this step.
Problem with an item: If we receive an item but it does not meet our requirements, we will add a “Comment” to your Applicant Center telling you what we need. You can find the comment by logging in and clicking the “More” link in the To Do List.
How will I be notified of my admission decision?
Your decision will first be posted in your Applicant Center, so keep an eye on that for the most up-to-date information. All decisions will sent by email to the address you provided when applying.